Isle of Wight Station Site
Ocean City, MD
Also known as Isle of Wight
The Isle of Wight Station Site site was established in 1898
Station closed in 1933, abandoned in 1948 and sold. 1897 station house was heavily damaged during a storm in March 1962 and was subsequently intentionally burned.
Station Site Notes:
1897 contracts for new station made, will probably be completed during present fiscal year; 1898 completed and put into commission (USLSS Annual Reports). Abandoned in 1948; The original building, located near present-day 83rd Street in Ocean City, was purposely burned down by the local fire department at the request of the current owners after the building was damaged in a storm in March, 1962 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.