Jackson Park Station Site
Also known as Chicago (1893-1902); Jackson Park (1903-1963)
The Jackson Park Station Site site was established in 1893
Station closed in 1908 at this site and moved to a new location. 1893 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1892 being constructed to take the place of the Old Chicago Station; 1907 new station being constructed in new location (USLSS Annual Reports). Station Built 1892; station was originally located on south side entrance to Chicago River, at north end of main inner breakwater, about 7 miles south by east of Chicago River Light, Lake Michigan. A new location was acquired in 1904.; Coast Guard Lifeboat Station Jackson Park in Chicago, Illinois was established in 1890. On January 20, 1904 and ordinance was passed by the South Park Commissioners to erect a new station at a different site. That new station was operational in 1905. The station was disestablished on July 1, 1963. The property was disposed of in March 1964 by a Quitclaim Deed to the Chicago Park District (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.