Kewaunee Station Site
Also known as Kewaunee
The Kewaunee Station Site site was established in 1893
Station closed on August 29, 1947 and sold in 1965. 1893 station house survives and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1893 established and put into operation; 1912 extensive repairs completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Station Kewaunee was accepted for operation in 1893. It was "rebuilt" from 1928 through 1930 to repair damage inflicted during a 1928 storm as well as for alterations and upgrades to the original structure and boat ramp. The crew received a lookout tower in 1933. The launchway was completely reconstructed in 1946. Station Kewaunee was disestablished on 29 August 1947 and became the Electronic Repair Station (Landlines) effective 1 July 1948; Turned over to GSA in 1963; station was closed and then sold to Sturgeon Bay Iron & Metal Company on 23 July 1965 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1893 station house is surviving at this site