Lake View Beach Station Site
Port Huron (Fort Gratiot Township), MI
Also known as Lake View Beach
The Lake View Beach Station Site site was established in 1898
Station closed in 1932 and replaced by Station Port Huron. Station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1898 completed and put into commission; 1914 boathouse and launchway wrecked by storm; 1915 boathouse and launchway rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). Original lifeboat station was built in 1898, known as Station Lake View Beach located 5 miles north of Fort Gratiot Light. In 1931, three and a half acres of land surrounding Fort Gratiot Lighthouse was purchased by the government and on April 13, 1932 Coast Guard Station Port Huron was officially opened. The old station ?Lake View Beach? was abandoned in 1946. A new facility was opened in 2004 (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The None (only station house foundation ruins survive) is surviving at this site