Lewes Station Site
Also known as Lewes
The Lewes Station Site site was established in 1884
Station closed in 1968 and turned over to GSA in 1969.
Station Site Notes:
1883 approaching completion; 1884 completed; 1890 moved because of encroachment of the sea; 1892? and 1905 improvements made; 1906 improvements completed; 1916 contract awarded for improving launching facilities (USLSS Annual Reports). Station discontinued after new Cape May Station opened in 1964. Turned over to GSA in 1969 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1938 station house; 1884 station house (moved to new site in Lewes) is surviving at this site