Little Beach Station Site
Galloway Township, NJ
Also known as Little Beach
The Little Beach Station Site site was established in 1872
Station closed on February 2, 1894 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site. Site underwater.
Station Site Notes:
1872 will be completed by December 1st; 1878 repaired; 1896 old and inadequate station replaced; 1897 old inadequate stations rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was moved from the original site because of inroads of the sea and relocated on land that was not owned or leased by the U.S. In 1885 a commission recommended that a new a new site be acquired. New site acquired in 1894; abandoned in 1945 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.