Little Kinnakeet Station Site
Also known as Little Kinnakeet
The Little Kinnakeet Station Site site was established in 1874
Station closed on June 14, 1954 and turned over to the Department of the Interior. 1874 and 1904 station houses survive and are part of Cape Hatteras National Seashore. They both are being restored by the National Park Service.
Station Site Notes:
1875; 1885 additions and repairs; 1904 rebuilding the old station completed and new station and ready for occupancy (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1970; it was deactivated on June 14, 1954 and turned over to the custody of the National Park Service (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1874 station house; 1904 station house is surviving at this site