Lone Hill Station Site
Also known as Lone Hill
The Lone Hill Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed in 1936 and abandoned in 1946. The station’s boathouse, barn and oil house were purchased in 1947 and moved to the Carrington Tract, just west of Fire Island Pines. 1935? station house was the Fire Island Pines Property Owners Association’s Community Center. It was torn down in 2006 and replaced by Whyte Hall, a new performing arts center.
Station Site Notes:
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.