Long Beach Station Site
Also known as Long Beach (west end) (1849-1882); Long Beach (1883 to between 1942 and 1944)
The Long Beach Station Site site was established in 1849?
Station closed between 1942 and 1944 and replaced by the Station Atlantic Beach.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1890 rebuilt; 1921 contract awarded for construction of station building and accessories on new site (USLSS Annual Reports). Original station destroyed by fire on 9 December 1917; the rebuilt station was closed in 1939 (USCG Historian's Website). The 1921 station house was located on Lindell Boulevard and Beech Street. The structure remained for years as a Life Guard and first aid station. The station was destroyed in a severe storm in 1908. The Coast Guard decommissioned it in 1937 (Long Beach Island history Website).