Long Branch Station Site
Ocean Township, NJ
Also known as Long Branch
The Long Branch Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed in 1882 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1876 discontinued due inability to retain tile to land; 1878 to open July 1878 to take the place of discontinued station; 1879 completed; 1882 moved to new site due to the march of town improvements; 1903 new site secured and construction of new station in progress to take the place of the old dilapidated station; 1904 new station completed (USLSS Annual Reports). The station was transferred to the inactive rolls "in care of Monmouth Station" in the 1938 listings. The property was turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.