Manasquan Inlet Station Site
Wall Township, NJ
Also known as Manasquan Inlet
The Manasquan Inlet Station Site site was established in 1936
Station still active. 1936 station house survives at this site.
Station Site Notes:
In 1936, the Coast Guard built a new station on the south side of Manasquan Inlet in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ which replaced the Manasquan [Squan Beach], Bay Head, Mantoloking, Chadwick Beach and Toms River Stations. The only one of those five stations that remained in service was at Manasquan [Squan Beach], where the old station served as an Electronics Shop for Coast Guard Group Sandy Hook. In 1938 the Work Relief and Public Works Appropriation Act provided funds for a combination boathouse and garage, workshop, and launchway to the Point Pleasant Beach station, and in 1976 an enlisted quarters (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1936 station house is surviving at this site