Mecox Station Site
Also known as Bridgehampton (1849-1882); Mecox (1883-1941)
The Mecox Station Site site was established in 1849
Station closed in 1933. No station buildings survive at this site, but the 1877 station house may have been moved to Noyac in North Haven in 1947. Site is partially underwater.
Station Site Notes:
Spring 1871 (1872?) repaired and enlarged. 1877 new station ready for crew on 12/8/1877 (USLSS Annual Reports). 1880 nearby site acquired for a relief boathouse and shortly thereafter, a board of survey recommended that the old station building be moved to the new site as well. The station was placed in a discontinued status in 1924, but was back as an active station in 1925; by this time its position was "between Stag Pond and Mecox Bay, south two miles of Bridgehampton." By 1934, the station was again discontinued as an active unit and it remained so until World War II (USCG Historian's Website).