Menemsha Station Site

Chilmark, MA

Also known as Gay Head (1952-1973); Menemsha (1974-present)

The Menemsha Station Site site was established in 1952


This is an active site from 1952-present


This is the original site location


Designation number: NA

Station still active. 1937 station house survives at this site and is a seasonal (small) station under Station Woods Hole.

Station Site Notes:

Station house moved by barge to Menemsha, MA in 1952 to become USCG Station Menemsha; station disappeared from list in July 1964 (USCG Historian's Website).

Buildings at this Station Site

The 1937 station house (moved from Cuttyhunk CG Station in 1952) is surviving at this site

View Buildings at this Station Site