Middle Island Station Site
Alpena Township, MI
Also known as Middle Island
The Middle Island Station Site site was established in 1881
Station closed in 1937 and abandoned in the middle 1950s. 1881 station house does not survive. All of the remains of the station were burned by the Michigan in 2006.
Station Site Notes:
1879 title secured; 1881 erected and put into operation; 1920 contract awarded for construction of lifeboat house; 1921 modern lifeboat houses with hoists constructed (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1958 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
It is unknown if there are surviving station houses at this site.