Monomoy Point Station Site
Also known as Monomoy Point
The Monomoy Point Station Site site was established in 1902
Station closed in 1947 and turned over to GSA in 1956. Property transferred to the Fish and Wildlife Service as part of Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge. Station buildings intentionally blown up in 1964.
Station Site Notes:
1921 contracts awarded for remodeling of station building and installation of modern heating and toilet facilities; 1922 work completed(?) (at 22 stations) (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 8/7/1902; station removed from list of stations in April 1947; Turned over to GSA in 1956 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.