Monomoy Station Site
Also known as Monomoy
The Monomoy Station Site site was established in 1873
Station closed in 1921. Property transferred to the Fish and Wildlife Service in 1955 as part of Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1872 site selected and in the process of construction; 1873 completed and equipped 1/1873; 1886 and 1887 contracts entered into for repairs and enlargements; 1888 extensive repairs and enlargements made; 1901 contracts entered into for new station; 1905 improvements made; 1916 launching facilities extensively improved (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 12/12/8172; station manned 3/20/1873; station listed as "discontinued as an active unit" in 1922; it disappeared from the records in 1939; property transferred to Fish and Wildlife Service in 1955; (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.