Moriches Station Site (East Moriches since 1969)
Also known as Moriches (1849-1968); East Moriches (1969-present)
The Moriches Station Site (East Moriches since 1969) site was established in 1941 (at this site, 1849 at original site)
Station still active at this site. 1941 station house survives and is a seasonal (small) station under Station Shinnecock.
Station Site Notes:
Spring 1871 (1872?) repaired and enlarged; 1878 repaired; 1886 contracts entered for repairs and enlargements; 1912 contract entered for rebuilding old station; 1913 work completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Station moved in 1940 after all buildings at the site were destroyed in the September 1938 hurricane. New station dedicated August 23, 1941.
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1941 station house is surviving at this site