Moriches Station Site
Also known as Moriches (1849-1968); East Moriches (1969-present)
The Moriches Station Site site was established in 1849
Station closed in 1938 at this site and moved to a new location after all of the buildings were destroyed by the September 1938 hurricane. Station still active at new site.
Station Site Notes:
Spring 1871 (1872?) repaired and enlarged; 1878 repaired; 1886 contracts entered for repairs and enlargements; 1912 contract entered for rebuilding old station; 1913 work completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Station moved in 1940 after all buildings at the site were destroyed in the September 1938 hurricane. New station dedicated August 23, 1941.
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.