Muskegon Station Site
Also known as Muskegon
The Muskegon Station Site site was established in 2003? (at this site, 1879 at original site)
Station still active at this site. Station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1878 work to start spring 1879; 1879 completed; 1904 preparations made and contracts awarded for rebuilding old station; 1905 new station completed (USLSS Annual Reports). In 1903 the station buildings were in great danger of being washed away so a new site was acquired on the south side of the harbor. Land was conveyed by deed dated July 18, 1904 by the trustees of the Pere Marquette Railroad Co. (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 2003? station house is surviving at this site