Nags Head Station Site
Nags Head, NC
Also known as Nags Head
The Nags Head Station Site site was established in 1874
Station closed in 1957 and turned over to GSA. Transferred to the Army in 1961. 1874 and 1912 stations houses do not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1874 erected; 1885 additions and repairs; 1913 contracts entered into for rebuilding old station; 1914 rebuilding complete (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1957. Property transferred to Department of the Army in 1961 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.