New Inlet Station Site
Also known as New Inlet
The New Inlet Station Site site was established in 1909 (at this site, 1882 at original site)
Station closed in 1916 at this site. 1909 station house was destroyed by fire after 1916.
Station Site Notes:
1882 being erected; 1883 completed; 1888 moved to new site; 1916 station had to be abandoned and moved to temporary structures 2 miles north of Chicamacomico in 1908 (USLSS Annual Reports). Discontinued in 1916 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.