Nome Station Site
Also known as Nome
The Nome Station Site site was established in 1905
Station closed in 1949. 1905 station house destroyed by a hurricane in 1913. Fate of 1915 station house unknown.
Station Site Notes:
1905 a vacant building on the government reservation turned over to the Service and equipped with apparatus, permitting the employment of a temporary crew; 1910 less extensive repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1905; owing to the urgent demand for services of a life?saving crew, a vacant building on the government reservation there was turned over to the service; discontinued in 1949 (USCG Historian's Website). Station was destroyed by a fire in 1934 and never rebuilt (Alaska and Hawaii: a Brief History of U.S. Coast Guard Operations).