North Scituate Station Site
Also known as North Scituate
The North Scituate Station Site site was established in 1885
Station closed in 1937 and replaced by Station Scituate. 1887 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1882 site selected; 1884 title secured, plans and specifications being prepared; 1885 preparations for construction; 1886 being constructed; 1887 completed and put into commission; 1921 Seawall rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 11/17/1886; station disappears from list of stations after 1939(?) , abandoned in 1947 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1887 station house is surviving at this site