Ocean City Station Site
Ocean City, MD
Also known as Ocean City
The Ocean City Station Site site was established in 1878
Station closed in March 1962 at this site and moved to a new location. Site turned over to GSA in 1964. 1878 station house was moved off the station site and divided in two parts; one burned down and the other was torn down. 1891 station house survives but was moved off site in 1972 and is the Life-Saving Station Museum.
Station Site Notes:
1878 construction to be completed 11/25/1878, occupied in early December 1878?; 1891 rebuilt; 1913 extensive improvements completed; 1914 improvements completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1964. For over 80 years the station stood on Caroline Street. Today the Coast Guard operates from an ultra-modern station that was commissioned in 1964 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The None at this site. 1878 station house moved to new site in Ocean City in 1977. is surviving at this site