Ocracoke Station Site
Also known as Ocracoke
The Ocracoke Station Site site was established in 1904
Station closed between 1996 and 2000 at this site and moved to a new location. 1940 station house survives and is used as the Ocracoke branch of the North Carolina Center for the Advancement of Teaching.
Station Site Notes:
1882 being erected; 1883 completed; 1885 additions and repairs?; 1903 site selected and plans and specifications being prepared (USLSS Annual Reports). The current (2004) Coast Guard Station Ocracoke (small) is located on the southern end of Ocracoke Island, North Carolina. The station building is a modular structure constructed in the 1970s and is situated on one acre of National Park Service land (USCG Historian's Website).