Pamet River Station Site
Also known as Parmet River (1873-1884); Pamet River (1885-1940)
The Pamet River Station Site site was established in 1929? (at this site, 1873 at original site)
Station closed in 1938 at this site and property transferred to the National Park Service as part of Cape Cod National Seashore. 1929? station house survives at this site and is owned by the National Park Service.
Station Site Notes:
1872 site selected and in the process of construction; 1873 completed and equipped 1/1873; 1886 and 1887 contracts entered into for repairs and enlargements; 1888 extensive repairs and enlargements made; 1910 less extensive repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 4/3/1873; discontinued in 1938 (USCG Historian's Website). 1873 station house bought at auction in 1931 or 1932 and moved to new site.
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1929? station house is surviving at this site