Pamet River Station Site

Truro, MA

Also known as Parmet River (1873-1884); Pamet River (1885-1938)

The Pamet River Station Site site was established in 1873


This is not an active site. It was active 1873-1929?


This site was closed (in) 1929 (at this site, 1938 at new [2nd] site)


This is the original site location


Designation number: 37

Station closed in 1929? at this site and moved to a new location. Property transferred to the National Park Service as part of Cape Cod National Seashore. 1873 station house survives but was moved off site in 1931 or 1932.

Station Site Notes:

1872 site selected and in the process of construction; 1873 completed and equipped 1/1873; 1886 and 1887 contracts entered into for repairs and enlargements; 1888 extensive repairs and enlargements made; 1910 less extensive repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 4/3/1873; discontinued in 1938 (USCG Historian's Website). 1873 station house bought at auction in 1931 or 1932 and moved to new site.

Buildings at this Station Site

The None at this site. 1873 station house moved to new site in Truro in 1931 or 1932. is surviving at this site

View Buildings at this Station Site