Parramore Beach Station Site
Also known as Parramore's Beach (1884-1886); Parramore Beach (1897-2003); Wachapreague (2004-present)
The Parramore Beach Station Site site was established in 1884
Station closed in 1937 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site. Site underwater.
Station Site Notes:
1883 approaching completion; 1884 completed (USLSS Annual Reports). The station was established in 1883 and rebuilt in 1937. The original station building was abandoned in 1940, but the new facility had already taken over operations. After its disestablishment as a lifeboat station, the facility was entrusted to the Nature Conservancy which had purchased most of the island in 1973. The former Coast Guard station was destroyed by fire in April 1989 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.