Peaked Hill Bars Station Site
Also known as Peaked Hill Bar (1873-1887); Peaked Hill Bars (1888-1938)
The Peaked Hill Bars Station Site site was established in 1913 (at this site, 1873 at original site)
Station closed in 1937 at this site and property transferred to the National Park Service as part of Cape Cod National Seashore. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1872 site selected and in the process of construction; 1873 completed and equipped 1/1873; 1876(?) Relief boathouse built; 1881 moved due to coastal erosion; 1886 and 1887 contracts entered into for repairs and enlargements; 1888 extensive repairs and enlargements made (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 12/12/1872; discontinued 1938(?)  (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.