Penneys Hill Station Site
Also known as Old Currituck Inlet (1878-1882); Currituck Inlet (1883-1902); Penneys Hill (1903-1916); Pennys Hill (1922-1938)
The Penneys Hill Station Site site was established in 1878
Station closed in 1921 and abandoned in 1950. 1878 station house was destroyed by fire.
Station Site Notes:
1878 will soon be in operation (1882/1883?); 1885 additions and repairs (USLSS Annual Reports). Abandoned in 1950 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.