Point Allerton Station Site
Also known as Point Allerton
The Point Allerton Station Site site was established in 1970 (at this site, 1890 at original site)
Station still active at this site. 1970 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1888 under contract for construction, to be put into operation before end of fiscal year; 1889 in the process of construction; 1890 constructed and put into operation; 1913 extensive improvements completed; 1914 extensive improvements completed (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 10/15/1889 (USCG Historian's Website). Original station closed in 1969, present station commissioned on April 18th, 1970. In 1999 it was decided to take Station Scituate located south of Point Allerton and downgrade it to a station small. In 2000 Station Point Allerton assumed responsibility for Station "small" Scituate. In 2002 station was rehabbed providing better living conditions for the crew and a modern training room (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1970 station house is surviving at this site