Point Arguello Station Site
Also known as Point Arguello
The Point Arguello Station Site site was established in 1936
Station closed in 1952 and was transferred to the Navy in 1958. 1936 station house survives and is part of Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Station Site Notes:
1936 through 1952, Coast Guard owned and operated station; station was disestablished in 1952; February 10, 1958 transferred to Navy. In May 1958 Former South Camp Cooke Army Base was recommissioned as "Naval Missile Facility at Point Arguello." July 1, 1964 Naval Missile Facility Point Arguello transferred to US Air Force, included in Vandenberg Air Force Base (South Base); marine railway and boathouse demolished in early 1983 for west coast Air Force Space Shuttle program (Vandenberg Air Force Base Staff Archaeologist).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1936 station house is surviving at this site