Point Betsie Station Site
Also known as Point aux Bec Scies (1874-1882); Point Betsy (1883-1885); Point Betsey (1887-1896); Point Betsie (1897-1941)
The Point Betsie Station Site site was established in 1875
Station closed in 1921. 1875 station house was torn down soon after a new station house was built in 1916. 1916 station house survives and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1874 site secured, plans and specs being prepared; 1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 established and put into operation; 1889 repairs and improvements; 1916 contract awarded for new buildings or extensive repairs (USLSS Annual Reports). Abandoned in 1946 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1916 station house is surviving at this site