Point Reyes Station Site
Point Reyes Station, CA
Also known as Point Reyes
The Point Reyes Station Site site was established in 1927 (at this site, 1889 at original site)
Station closed in 1968 at this site and crew moved to Bodega Bay USCG Station. 1927 station house and keeper’s quarters survive and are part of Point Reyes National Seashore.
Station Site Notes:
1875 difficulty obtaining title to site causing delay in construction; 1876 efforts to obtain title to site unsuccessful; 1877 title to site still unsecured; 1889 in the process of construction; 1890 constructed and put into operation (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1889; Turned over to GSA in 1969; a new site was acquired in 1969 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1927 station house is surviving at this site