Port Huron Station Site
Port Huron (Fort Gratiot Township), MI
Also known as Port Huron
The Port Huron Station Site site was established in 1932
Station still active. 1932 and 2004 station houses survive.
Station Site Notes:
Original lifeboat station was built in 1898, known as Station Lake View Beach located 5 miles north of Fort Gratiot light. In 1931, three and a half acres of land surrounding Fort Gratiot Lighthouse was purchased by the government and on April 13, 1932 Coast Guard Station Port Huron was officially opened. The old station ?Lake View Beach? was abandoned in 1946. A new facility was opened in 2004 (Station Website).