Poyners Hill Station Site
Also known as Poyners Hill
The Poyners Hill Station Site site was established in 1878
Station closed in 1937 and turned over to GSA in 1956. 1878 and 1913 station houses were both destroyed by fire.
Station Site Notes:
1878 will soon be in operation (1882/1883?); 1885 additions and repairs; 1913 contracts entered into for rebuilding old station; 1914 station rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1956; Poyners Hill Station was rendered inactive and closed on May 24, 1937 (USCG Historian's Website).