Quogue Station Site
Also known as Quogue
The Quogue Station Site site was established in 1849
Station closed in 1941 or 1944 and sold in 1948. 1871 station house survives but was moved off site in the 1920s and is privately owned. 1912 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
Spring 1871 (1872?) repaired and enlarged; 1878 repaired; 1886 contracts entered for repairs and enlargements; 1912 station rebuilt to replace decayed and antiquated building (USLSS Annual Reports). Closed in 1937 and put on inactive status in charge of a caretaker; reopened in 1939(?); closed after WW II(?); sold in 1948 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1912 station house; 1871 station house (moved to new site in Quogue) is surviving at this site