Racine Station Site
Also known as Racine
The Racine Station Site site was established in 1875
Station closed in 1879 at this site and moved to a new location. 1875 station house moved to new station site in 1879, moved to third site in 1903, and moved off site after new station house was built at third site in 1904. Torn down in 1967.
Station Site Notes:
1874 site secured, plans and specs being prepared; 1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 established and put into operation; 1879 annex for boat wagons added and station moved to new site; 1902 old station temporarily moved and new site obtained and construction for new station underway; 1903 new station in process of construction to take the place of old station which was originally designed as a boathouse, site of old station absorbed as part of recent harbor improvements; 1904 new station completed; 1912 repairs to old boathouse and launchway completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1875; a new site was acquired in 1900 (USCG Historian's Website). Original station to be torn down 4/17/1967 (Racine Journal Times).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.