Rockland Station Site
Also known as Rockland
The Rockland Station Site site was established in 1943
Station still active. 1898 station house survives at this site.
Station Site Notes:
Station property acquired in June 1941 by the U.S. Navy to be used as a naval section base during WW II. Given to the Coast Guard in 1943 and became Base Rockland. 1970's the Coast Guard purchased and renovated a historic warehouse, Bird Block, built in 1898 for the Bird Family - building became the present day Coast Guard Station and was dedicated in 1982 (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1898 station house (originally built as a warehouse) is surviving at this site