Rye Beach Station Site

Rye, NH

Also known as Straw's Point (1874-1878 or 1879); Locke's Point (1879 or 1880-1882); Rye Beach (1883-1938)

The Rye Beach Station Site site was established in 1874


This is not an active site. It was active 1874-1933 (Listed as inactive 1934-1938)


This site was closed (in) 1933


This is the original site location


Designation number: 15

Station closed in 1933. Station sold and divided into two parcels. 1874 and 1890 station houses survive at their original location but are owned by different owners.

Station Site Notes:

1873 contracts for construction made; 1874 erected; 1890 rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 10/16/1874; discontinued in 1933 (USCG Historian's Website).

Buildings at this Station Site

The 1874 station house; 1890 station house is surviving at this site

View Buildings at this Station Site