Saluria Station Site
Port O'Connor, TX
Also known as Pass Cavallo (1880-1882); Saluria (1883-1939); Port O'Connor (1940-1961)
The Saluria Station Site site was established in 1880
Station closed in 1961. Replaced by Station Port O’Connor. Fate of 1880? and 1917? station house unknown. 1942? station house destroyed by Hurricane Carla in September 1961.
Station Site Notes:
1879 in the process of erection; 1880 manned and in operation; 1887 repairs made to station (USLSS Annual Reports). Transferred to the custody of the War Department in 1942; Station Port O'Connor is a descendent of this station (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.