Sandy Hook Station Site

Middletown Township, NJ

Also known as Sandy Hook

The Sandy Hook Station Site site was established in 1885 or 1886 (at this site, 1855 at original site)


This site was closed (in) 1891 (at this site, still active at current [4th] site)


This site was moved in 1891. Moved to new [3rd] site in 1891 but retained name. Active from 1855 to 1891 at original site. (See Station ID # 122.1 and 122.3)


This is an active site from 1885 or 1886-1891


Designation number: NA (97 at 3rd site)

Station closed in 1891 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site.

Station Site Notes:

1878 repaired; 1891 rebuilt; 1905 improvements made; 1906 improvements completed; 1915 contract made for moving buildings to a new site; 1916 buildings moved to a new site; 1918 contract awarded for new launchway (USLSS Annual Reports). The Work Relief and Public Works Appropriation Act of 1938 provided funds for new station boats and equipment as well as for a boathouse, launchway, and bulkheading (USCG Historian's Website).

Buildings at this Station Site

There are no surviving station houses at this site.

View Buildings at this Station Site