Sandy Hook Station Site

Middletown Township, NJ

Also known as Sandy Hook

The Sandy Hook Station Site site was established in 1855


This site was closed (in) 1885 or 1886 (at this site, still active at current [4th] site)


This is an active site from 1855-1885 or 1886


This is the original site location


Designation number: NA (97 at 3rd site)

Station closed in 1885 or 1886 at this site after station house was moved 1/2 mile to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site.

Station Site Notes:

1878 repaired; 1891 rebuilt; 1905 improvements made; 1906 improvements completed; 1915 contract made for moving buildings to a new site; 1916 buildings moved to a new site; 1918 contract awarded for new launchway (USLSS Annual Reports). The Work Relief and Public Works Appropriation Act of 1938 provided funds for new station boats and equipment as well as for a boathouse, launchway, and bulkheading (USCG Historian's Website).

Buildings at this Station Site

There are no surviving station houses at this site.

View Buildings at this Station Site