Scituate Station Site
Also known as Scituate
The Scituate Station Site site was established in 2002 (at this site, 1938 at original site)
Station still active at this site. 2002 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1996 Station Scituate reduced to a station small after implementation of Coast Guard's non-emergency Search and Rescue policy intended to preclude Coast Guard from competing with private enterprise. This reduced station case load severely. 1999 decided to take Station Scituate located south of Point Allerton and downgrade it to small station. In 2000 Station Point Allerton assumed responsibility for Station "small" Scituate (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 2002 station house is surviving at this site