Seabright Station Site
Ocean Township, NJ
Also known as Seabright (1871-1924); Sea Bright (1925-1941)
The Seabright Station Site site was established in 1871
Station closed in 1936 and turned over to GSA in 1954. 1880 and 1891 station houses survive at this site and are privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired, moved due to coastal erosion; 1880 new station near completion; 1881 completed early winter 1880/81; 1888 less extensive repairs made; 1917 station discontinued, to become auxiliary to one or the other active adjacent stations (USLSS Annual Reports). During World War II, a lookout tower was manned at this site. The lookout tower was discontinued in 1946. The site was turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).