Shinnecock Station Site
Also known as Shinnecock
The Shinnecock Station Site site was established in 1941 (at this site, 1855 at original site)
Station still active at this site. 1941 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
Spring 1871 (1872?) repaired and enlarged; 1878 repaired; 1886 contracts entered for repairs and enlargements; 1887 repairs made to boathouse (USLSS Annual Reports). Station moved in 1940 after all buildings at the site were destroyed in the September 1938 hurricane. The present station was opened August 23, 1941 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1941 station house is surviving at this site