Southampton Station Site
Also known as Southampton
The Southampton Station Site site was established in 1850 (1854?)
Station closed in 1936 and abandoned in 1946. 1850 (1854?) and 1878 station houses both survive but have been moved off site to different locations.
Station Site Notes:
Spring 1871 (1872?) repaired and enlarged; 1877 new station ready for crew on 12/9/1877; 1901 moved to a new location better adapted to the purposes of the Service (USLSS Annual Reports). 1922 station was listed as "discontinued as an active unit." 1924 back in an operational status. 1937 station appeared on the discontinued list. 1946 site abandoned (USCG Historian's Website).