Spring Lake Station Site
Wall Township, NJ
Also known as Wreck Pond (Pre 1872-1882); Spring Lake (1883-1938)
The Spring Lake Station Site site was established in 1848
Station closed in 1891 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1878 to open July 1878; 1879 completed; 1895 new station built to replace old one, which was built many years ago and had become inadequate; 1917 station discontinued, to become auxiliary to one or the other active adjacent stations (USLSS Annual Reports). A new site was acquired in 1891 "two and one?half miles south of Shark River." Station was discontinued in 1917 and was listed as an auxiliary station to the Manasquan station with an enlisted man in charge; in 1922 it was discontinued as an active unit until 1925, when the station again appeared as a full station (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.