St. Clair Flats Station Site
Clay Township, MI
Also known as St. Clair Flats
The St. Clair Flats Station Site site was established in 1941
Station closed in 1990 and replaced by Station St. Clair Shores. 1954 station house survives and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
On June 1, 1941 the Coast Guard opened Station St. Clair Flats as the first unit built on the shores of Lake St. Clair. In 1954 the City of St. Clair Shores petitions the Coast Guard for a rescue station. By 1990, Station St. Clair Flats was decommissioned and Station St. Clair Shores has served as the primary unit servicing Lake St. Clair (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1954 station house is surviving at this site