Sturgeon Bay Canal Station Site
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Also known as Sturgeon Bay Canal
The Sturgeon Bay Canal Station Site site was established in 1886
Station still active. 1886 station house survives and is one of five original Life-Saving stations in use as an active Coast Guard Station as of 2007.
Station Site Notes:
1883 site selected; 1884 title secured, plans and specifications being prepared; 1885 being erected; 1886 put into operation (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was opened on September 15, 1886 (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1886 station house is surviving at this site